The benefits of Air Source heat pumps
You can benefit in many ways from fitting an air source heat pump and exactly what you are able to earn or save will be dependent on your circumstances, however you could benefit by over £600 per year.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Heat pumps can lower your home’s carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing, because they reduce the fuel that you need to burn for heating.
- Reduce your heating costs: This is especially true if you are currently using conventional electric heating. Heat pumps provide space heating and hot water more efficiently than traditional heating sources, saving you money on your bills.
- No fuel deliveries required: By replacing your oil or solid fuel heating system you are removing the need to have fuel deliveries. All that is required is electricity to power the pump.
- 'Fit and forget’: Heat pumps are often classed as a ‘fit and forget’ technology because they need little maintenance.
Getting paid for producing heat
You will be able make money out of the heat you produce through the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, details of which will be released in 2013. Learn about the Renewable Heat Incentive and RHPP here.
An example created by the Energy Saving Trust shows that a typical domestic electrical system could earn around:
- £610 per year reduction in current electricity heating bills
- A single Renewable Heat Premium Payment of £850
- A regular payment from the Renewable Heat Incentive – to be confirmed in 2013
What to do next?
- Do air source heat pumps come with a warranty?
- Most air source heat pump installations include warranties for parts and labour. You should check your quote or the pump's product details to find out how long that model's warranty is.
- Can I heat my swimming Pool with an air source heat pump?
- Air source heat pumps are ideal for pools. Note that for existing swimming pools the current heat exchanger would need to be changed.
- How much do they cost and how much will I save?
- Complete our free home Energy Assessment to find out how much a typical air source heat pump would cost for your house, how much it would save you and how long the payback will be.
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!