The benefits of Condensing Boilers
Installing an efficient condensing boiler can save you significant amounts of carbon and money:
- Reduce your electricity bills: Condensing boilers are much more efficient in turning fuel into heat, so you need less fuel to heat your water and home, which can save you over £225 a year on your heating bills compared to a non-condensing boiler.
- Cut your carbon footprint: Because condensing boilers are more fuel efficient, they reduce your carbon emissions – replacing a G rated boiler will save 1,220 kg CO2 a year.
- Save space: Condensing combi boilers don’t need a hot water tank, saving you space.
- Simple controls: Condensing combi boilers don’t need timers for hot water as they produce hot water when you turn the tap on.
- How much energy and money could I save with a condensing boiler?
- Complete our Home Energy Assessment to find out how much you could save with a condensing boiler.
- How can a condensing boiler save me money on my energy bills?
- Condensing boilers are more efficient than standard boilers and therefore utilise less gas during operation. Modern conventional boilers can only offer a typical efficiency rate of 78%, whereas the rate for condensing boilers is around 88% - i.e. for every £1 spent spent on gas, 88p is converted to actual heat. This adds up to significant savings on annual gas bills, which will enable you to quickly recoup the initial outlay for the boiler and benefit from the extra savings. Complete our Home Energy Survey to find out just how long payback will take in your situation.
- How reliable are condensing boilers?
- Condensing boilers are reliable if well maintained and serviced regularly. A Which? survey in 2011 found that 46% of owners who bought a boiler after April 2005 have experienced some kind of fault. Not all of these faults required a repair. In fact the most frequent problem, a blocked drainage pipe, experienced by 11% of owners, is actually a problem caused by poor installation.
- Could a condensing boiler save money on my energy bill?
- Which? estimates that the average efficiency of boilers in UK homes is about 70%. This means they waste up to 30% of the heat they generate in the form of hot flue gases. This suggests that installing a condensing boiler, which has an efficiency of around 88%, can reasonably achieve savings of between £50 and £200 per year depending on the size of your house - and the saving will increase as the cost of gas increases. Complete our free assessment to find out just how much you could save.
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!
- Condensing Boilers
- How do Condensing Boilers work?
- How do you choose between a gas, oil and LPG condensing boiler?
- How old should your boiler be before you replace it?
- Installation of Condensing Boilers
- Costs, savings and maintenance
- Switching from electric heating to gas, LPG or oil
- Help with the cost of condensing boilers