The benefits of Condensing Boilers
Installing an efficient condensing boiler can save you significant amounts of carbon and money:
- Reduce your electricity bills: Condensing boilers are much more efficient in turning fuel into heat, so you need less fuel to heat your water and home, which can save you over £225 a year on your heating bills compared to a non-condensing boiler.
- Cut your carbon footprint: Because condensing boilers are more fuel efficient, they reduce your carbon emissions – replacing a G rated boiler will save 1,220 kg CO2 a year.
- Save space: Condensing combi boilers don’t need a hot water tank, saving you space.
- Simple controls: Condensing combi boilers don’t need timers for hot water as they produce hot water when you turn the tap on.
- How reliable are condensing boilers?
- Condensing boilers are reliable if well maintained and serviced regularly. A Which? survey in 2011 found that 46% of owners who bought a boiler after April 2005 have experienced some kind of fault. Not all of these faults required a repair. In fact the most frequent problem, a blocked drainage pipe, experienced by 11% of owners, is actually a problem caused by poor installation.
- Could a condensing boiler save money on my energy bill?
- Which? estimates that the average efficiency of boilers in UK homes is about 70%. This means they waste up to 30% of the heat they generate in the form of hot flue gases. This suggests that installing a condensing boiler, which has an efficiency of around 88%, can reasonably achieve savings of between £50 and £200 per year depending on the size of your house - and the saving will increase as the cost of gas increases. Complete our free assessment to find out just how much you could save.
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!
- Condensing Boilers
- How do Condensing Boilers work?
- How do you choose between a gas, oil and LPG condensing boiler?
- How old should your boiler be before you replace it?
- Installation of Condensing Boilers
- Costs, savings and maintenance
- Switching from electric heating to gas, LPG or oil
- Help with the cost of condensing boilers