The benefits of Condensing Boilers
Installing an efficient condensing boiler can save you significant amounts of carbon and money:
- Reduce your electricity bills: Condensing boilers are much more efficient in turning fuel into heat, so you need less fuel to heat your water and home, which can save you over £225 a year on your heating bills compared to a non-condensing boiler.
- Cut your carbon footprint: Because condensing boilers are more fuel efficient, they reduce your carbon emissions – replacing a G rated boiler will save 1,220 kg CO2 a year.
- Save space: Condensing combi boilers don’t need a hot water tank, saving you space.
- Simple controls: Condensing combi boilers don’t need timers for hot water as they produce hot water when you turn the tap on.
- What size should my condensing boiler be?
- The type and size of your new boiler will depend on a range of factors like the size of your property, how well it is insulated, and the type of fuel and heating system you use to heat your home. You installer will advise you on the type and size of boiler best suited to your property.
- How often should I get my condensing boiler serviced?
- It's important to have any gas or oil fired appliance like a condensing boiler serviced once a year. The flue will need checking to make sure it is clear, and a qualified installer should check that your boiler is running safely and efficiently for you. It's best to check with your manufacturer about service schedules, as some boilers may need servicing more than others.
- How can a condensing boiler save me money on my energy bills?
- Condensing boilers are more efficient than standard boilers and therefore utilise less gas during operation. Modern conventional boilers can only offer a typical efficiency rate of 78%, whereas the rate for condensing boilers is around 88% - i.e. for every £1 spent spent on gas, 88p is converted to actual heat. This adds up to significant savings on annual gas bills, which will enable you to quickly recoup the initial outlay for the boiler and benefit from the extra savings. Complete our Home Energy Survey to find out just how long payback will take in your situation.
- Could a condensing boiler save money on my energy bill?
- Which? estimates that the average efficiency of boilers in UK homes is about 70%. This means they waste up to 30% of the heat they generate in the form of hot flue gases. This suggests that installing a condensing boiler, which has an efficiency of around 88%, can reasonably achieve savings of between £50 and £200 per year depending on the size of your house - and the saving will increase as the cost of gas increases. Complete our free assessment to find out just how much you could save.
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!
- Condensing Boilers
- How do Condensing Boilers work?
- How do you choose between a gas, oil and LPG condensing boiler?
- How old should your boiler be before you replace it?
- Installation of Condensing Boilers
- Costs, savings and maintenance
- Switching from electric heating to gas, LPG or oil
- Help with the cost of condensing boilers