Help with the cost of condensing boilers
You can get help with the costs of fitting a gas, oil or LPG condensing boiler if you are on certain benefits through the Warm Front Scheme, a government scheme available until March 2013. You can get help of up to £3,500 towards a new central heating system if you don’t currently have one. The full eligibility details and application are available here.
- How easy is it to install a condensing boiler?
- Boilers vary in size and shape but most are designed for simplicity of installation. With space being such a premium many boilers are small enough to be fitted by one person into a kitchen cupboard, easily and with minimum disruption.
- What does the Sedbuk efficiency rating mean?
- Sedbuk stands for 'seasonal efficiency of a domestic boiler in the UK' and is now given as a percentage score. This score is an estimate of efficiency when the boiler is installed under typical conditions in Britain, taking into account climate, housing conditions, occupancy patterns, and controls.
- How reliable are condensing boilers?
- Condensing boilers are reliable if well maintained and serviced regularly. A Which? survey in 2011 found that 46% of owners who bought a boiler after April 2005 have experienced some kind of fault. Not all of these faults required a repair. In fact the most frequent problem, a blocked drainage pipe, experienced by 11% of owners, is actually a problem caused by poor installation.
- Could a condensing boiler save money on my energy bill?
- Which? estimates that the average efficiency of boilers in UK homes is about 70%. This means they waste up to 30% of the heat they generate in the form of hot flue gases. This suggests that installing a condensing boiler, which has an efficiency of around 88%, can reasonably achieve savings of between £50 and £200 per year depending on the size of your house - and the saving will increase as the cost of gas increases. Complete our free assessment to find out just how much you could save.
- Free no obligation survey
- Quick - 3 minute home assessment
- Connect to qualified professionals
- Condensing Boilers
- How do Condensing Boilers work?
- How do you choose between a gas, oil and LPG condensing boiler?
- How old should your boiler be before you replace it?
- Installation of Condensing Boilers
- Costs, savings and maintenance
- The benefits of Condensing Boilers
- Switching from electric heating to gas, LPG or oil