The Green Deal Assessment
The first step in the Green Deal process is getting a Green Deal Adviser to carry out an assessment on your home. This tells you which Green Deal improvements would deliver a benefit in your home.
If you’ve had an EPC done on your property since April 2011 your Green Deal adviser will be able to use this to create your Green Deal Assessment. If you haven’t got a new enough EPC your Adviser can do this as part of the assessment. Either way an adviser will have to visit your home to carry out an assessment. You will know if your EPC is new enough by whether it mentions the Green Deal or not – if it does, it’s new enough.
Your EPC gives your house’s energy rating and the savings you could achieve with certain Green Deal measures under typical occupancy. The Green Deal assessment gives your energy behaviour as well as your potential savings with the Green Deal measures considering your behaviour rather than standard occupancy. This tells you whether the Green Deal is good value for you. Both of these documents are a useful reference for you throughout the Green Deal process.
- What is the Green Deal?
- The Energy Bill introduced to Parliament on 8 December 2010 includes provision for the new 'Green Deal', which is intended to revolutionise the energy efficiency of British properties. The Government is establishing a framework to enable private firms to offer consumers energy efficiency improvements to their homes, community spaces and businesses at no upfront cost, and to recoup payments through a charge in instalments on the energy bill.
- Who is entitled to Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Grants?
- It is understood that the Government will place no restrictions on who can apply for Green Deal Finance. Applicants current or past credit history will not be taken into account and applicants do not need to own their own home to benefit from Green Deal Finance as private tenants will be able to apply. More specific information is expected to be released soon.
- Free no obligation survey
- Quick - 3 minute home assessment
- Connect to qualified professionals
- Green Deal
- What improvements are eligible for the Green Deal?
- The Green Deal Customer Journey
- Who can apply for the Green Deal?
- How do I apply for the Green Deal?
- Green Deal Cashback Scheme
- Protection for Green Deal customers
- Why do we need a Green Deal?
- The Green Deal for tenants
- The Green Deal for landlords
- Compare Green Deal Assessors
- Compare Green Deal Providers