How do I apply for the Green Deal?
You can apply for a loan from the Green Deal scheme through a Green Deal Provider. Providers are entities that provide the ‘shop front’ for the Green Deal – they will be your point of contact throughout the scheme, and they are responsible for arranging your Green Deal Plan, which includes which improvements you are buying with your loan and how much your repayments will be each month. They also arrange for your installations to take place, using their installers.
It’s a good idea to shop around Providers beforehand as installation quotes and set up fees will vary. Providers can be companies, local authorities or installers – you can compare Providers using our Provider Comparison Pages.
Before you can sign up to a plan, you will need to have a Green Deal assessment carried out on your home to see which improvements will save energy. You can either do this through a Provider, an Assessor company or a freelance Green Deal Adviser. To get the best deal on your Assessment and Plan you can either compare Providers using our Provider Comparison Pages or compare Assessors using our Assessor Comparison Pages.
- Who is entitled to Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Grants?
- It is understood that the Government will place no restrictions on who can apply for Green Deal Finance. Applicants current or past credit history will not be taken into account and applicants do not need to own their own home to benefit from Green Deal Finance as private tenants will be able to apply. More specific information is expected to be released soon.
- How much will be made available via Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Grants?
- Originally, the government suggested that around £6,500 will be available per home. However, the coalition government have hinted at that figure rising to around £10,000. Nothing is confirmed however, a home will only receive what is needed to sufficiently improve the energy efficiency.
- How will I repay the Green Deal Finance / Green Deal Grants?
- The loan will be attached to the property in question as opposed to the individual. Green Deal Finance payments are calculated to ensure that all homeowners are financially better off by making sure that the total repaid is less that the resulting savings. The repayments are expected to be added to the energy bill and come from the energy savings.
- Free no obligation survey
- Quick - 3 minute home assessment
- Connect to qualified professionals
- Green Deal
- What improvements are eligible for the Green Deal?
- Who can apply for the Green Deal?
- The Green Deal Customer Journey
- The Green Deal Assessment
- Green Deal Cashback Scheme
- Protection for Green Deal customers
- Why do we need a Green Deal?
- The Green Deal for tenants
- The Green Deal for landlords
- Compare Green Deal Assessors
- Compare Green Deal Providers