How do I apply for the Green Deal?
You can apply for a loan from the Green Deal scheme through a Green Deal Provider. Providers are entities that provide the ‘shop front’ for the Green Deal – they will be your point of contact throughout the scheme, and they are responsible for arranging your Green Deal Plan, which includes which improvements you are buying with your loan and how much your repayments will be each month. They also arrange for your installations to take place, using their installers.
It’s a good idea to shop around Providers beforehand as installation quotes and set up fees will vary. Providers can be companies, local authorities or installers – you can compare Providers using our Provider Comparison Pages.
Before you can sign up to a plan, you will need to have a Green Deal assessment carried out on your home to see which improvements will save energy. You can either do this through a Provider, an Assessor company or a freelance Green Deal Adviser. To get the best deal on your Assessment and Plan you can either compare Providers using our Provider Comparison Pages or compare Assessors using our Assessor Comparison Pages.
- What is the Green Deal?
- The Energy Bill introduced to Parliament on 8 December 2010 includes provision for the new 'Green Deal', which is intended to revolutionise the energy efficiency of British properties. The Government is establishing a framework to enable private firms to offer consumers energy efficiency improvements to their homes, community spaces and businesses at no upfront cost, and to recoup payments through a charge in instalments on the energy bill.
- Will Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Grants cover renewable energy?
- Currently the green deal finance is focused on insulation, draught proofing and double glazing, but it is understood that the green deal finance and green deal grants will stretch to include some renewable energy sources also.
- How will I repay the Green Deal Finance / Green Deal Grants?
- The loan will be attached to the property in question as opposed to the individual. Green Deal Finance payments are calculated to ensure that all homeowners are financially better off by making sure that the total repaid is less that the resulting savings. The repayments are expected to be added to the energy bill and come from the energy savings.
- Free no obligation survey
- Quick - 3 minute home assessment
- Connect to qualified professionals
- Green Deal
- What improvements are eligible for the Green Deal?
- The Green Deal Customer Journey
- Who can apply for the Green Deal?
- The Green Deal Assessment
- Green Deal Cashback Scheme
- Protection for Green Deal customers
- Why do we need a Green Deal?
- The Green Deal for tenants
- The Green Deal for landlords
- Compare Green Deal Assessors
- Compare Green Deal Providers