Who can apply for the Green Deal?
Loans provided by the Green Deal are open to any U.K. resident who pays for their electricity, as the billpayer is responsible for the scheme's loan repayments. Homeowners, private tenants and social housing tenants are all eligible. The scheme is not means tested and does not require a credit check.
- What is the Green Deal?
- The Energy Bill introduced to Parliament on 8 December 2010 includes provision for the new 'Green Deal', which is intended to revolutionise the energy efficiency of British properties. The Government is establishing a framework to enable private firms to offer consumers energy efficiency improvements to their homes, community spaces and businesses at no upfront cost, and to recoup payments through a charge in instalments on the energy bill.
- Who is entitled to Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Grants?
- It is understood that the Government will place no restrictions on who can apply for Green Deal Finance. Applicants current or past credit history will not be taken into account and applicants do not need to own their own home to benefit from Green Deal Finance as private tenants will be able to apply. More specific information is expected to be released soon.
- How much will be made available via Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Grants?
- Originally, the government suggested that around £6,500 will be available per home. However, the coalition government have hinted at that figure rising to around £10,000. Nothing is confirmed however, a home will only receive what is needed to sufficiently improve the energy efficiency.
- Can I install the measures now and apply for Green Deal Finance at a later date?
- There is no information is yet available regarding retrospective Green Deal Finance.
- Free no obligation survey
- Quick - 3 minute home assessment
- Connect to qualified professionals
- Green Deal
- What improvements are eligible for the Green Deal?
- How do I apply for the Green Deal?
- The Green Deal Customer Journey
- The Green Deal Assessment
- Green Deal Cashback Scheme
- Protection for Green Deal customers
- Why do we need a Green Deal?
- The Green Deal for tenants
- The Green Deal for landlords
- Compare Green Deal Assessors
- Compare Green Deal Providers