Other Grants & Offers
There are a number of initiatives that are designed to reduce CO2 or fuel bills, which don’t get quite as much publicity as the Feed-In Tariff or the Renewable Heat Incentive and RHPP. Whilst these are not so well discussed, or possibly known, they are very useful if you are planning a project to reduce your energy consumption.
Some Other Grants & Subsidies
There are quite a number of initiatives that are available and many vary regionally, as you can see with the Warm Front, Nest and other schemes. Here is a selection of others that we think that you might find useful:
- Renewables Obligation – (RO) The RO is the main support scheme for renewable electricity projects in the UK. It places an obligation on UK suppliers of electricity to source an increasing proportion of their electricity from renewable sources.
- LESA (Landlord’s Energy Saving Allowance) – This is a tax allowance of up to £1,500 per property that private landlords can claim when they install energy efficiency measures in their rented properties.
- Community Energy Saving Programme – CESP targets households in areas of low income across Great Britain, to improve energy efficiency standards and reduce fuel bills. There are 4,500 areas eligible and it is funded by an obligation on energy suppliers and electricity generators, in a similar way to the CERT. This scheme will close in December 2012 and will be replaced by the ECO (Energy Company Obligation)
Find a project
Once you have an idea what sort of project you are going to undertake you can then understand which government initiative might apply to you and how much you are going to save.
- How much is LESA?
- LESA is a tax allowance (not a cash payment) that allows you to claim up to £1,500 against tax every year.
- When was the allowance available from?
- Individual landlords have been able to claim the allowance since 6 April 2004 - for corporate landlords it's been available since 8 July 2008.
- Free energy assessment
- Find an energy saving solution
- Get quotes from accredited installers