Included here are the Tariff tables for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment for domestic homes, and also the Renewable Heat Incentive as it is proposed for domestic installations.
Renewable Heat Premium Payments
The Renewable Heat Premium Payments are one-off grants for households installing low-carbon heat generating technologies.
- £600 – solar thermal – voucher valid for 3 months
Houses not heated by gas from the grid:
- £2,000 – biomass boiler – voucher valid for 6 months
- £1,300 – air source heat pump – voucher valid for 5 months
- £2,300 – ground source or water source heat pump – voucher valid for 6 months
Renewable Heat Incentive
This tariff table indicates what the government is currently proposing for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, which will be open to applications shortly.
These rates have all been confirmed, but there may be increases to the Solar Thermal rate announced in Autumn 2013.
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment?
- The Renewable Heat Premium Payment is a scheme to support people who want to install renewable heat technologies. It will also help the government learn more about how these technologies work in practice, prior to the expansion of the Renewable Heat Incentive to the household sector.
- Can I apply for more than one technology?
- Yes, although you must complete a separate application form for each technology. You cannot apply twice for the same technology at the same installation address.
- Can I pay a deposit before I apply for my Renewable Heat Premium Payment voucher?
- Please note that any payment you make to your installer is done at your own risk. Making an application does not automatically guarantee that you will receive a voucher.
- Will I need planning permission for my installation or to notify my Local Authority?
- Most installations are now classed as permitted development which means planning permission is not needed, but this will depend on the technology you are installing and where you live. Please check with your Local Authority before proceeding to ensure you have all of the correct permissions required and see further information on Planning Permission.
- Are exhaust air heat pumps supported?
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!