Included here are the Tariff tables for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment for domestic homes, and also the Renewable Heat Incentive as it is proposed for domestic installations.
Renewable Heat Premium Payments
The Renewable Heat Premium Payments are one-off grants for households installing low-carbon heat generating technologies.
- £600 – solar thermal – voucher valid for 3 months
Houses not heated by gas from the grid:
- £2,000 – biomass boiler – voucher valid for 6 months
- £1,300 – air source heat pump – voucher valid for 5 months
- £2,300 – ground source or water source heat pump – voucher valid for 6 months
Renewable Heat Incentive
This tariff table indicates what the government is currently proposing for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, which will be open to applications shortly.
These rates have all been confirmed, but there may be increases to the Solar Thermal rate announced in Autumn 2013.
- How will the Renewable Heat Premium Payment scheme work?
- Individuals will be able to apply for a voucher which will be issued once they fill in the form. Once one of the qualifying technologies has been installed the voucher can be exchanged for grant money. If you are issued with a voucher you are not required to then install equipment but if you do, the voucher is a promise that you will receive the appropriate grant once your equipment has been installed and as long as the relevant conditions of the voucher are met. If you decide you will not use the voucher please inform the Energy Saving Trust, who are administering the scheme, as soon as possible.
- How do I apply for a Renewable Heat Premium Payment?
- The scheme opened to applications on 1st August 2011. You can apply online by going to the Energy Saving Trust website (www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/RHPP). Your should ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. It is very important that those with vouchers check they have met all the conditions on that voucher, as claims may not be paid if the scheme terms and conditions and the terms on the voucher have not been met. Receiving a voucher is not sufficient evidence that you are entitled to a grant.
- Can I apply for more than one technology?
- Yes, although you must complete a separate application form for each technology. You cannot apply twice for the same technology at the same installation address.
- Why do I have to use an MCS installer and product or equivalent?
- Installers and products used for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment scheme are certified by MCS (or an equivalent) which is an independent certification scheme designed to certify microgeneration products and installers in accordance with consistent standards. The primary aim of the MCS is to provide consumers with confidence and protection by guaranteeing that microgeneration products and installers who carry the mark meet, and will continue to meet, these robust quality standards.
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!