Included here are the Tariff tables for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment for domestic homes, and also the Renewable Heat Incentive as it is proposed for domestic installations.
Renewable Heat Premium Payments
The Renewable Heat Premium Payments are one-off grants for households installing low-carbon heat generating technologies.
- £600 – solar thermal – voucher valid for 3 months
Houses not heated by gas from the grid:
- £2,000 – biomass boiler – voucher valid for 6 months
- £1,300 – air source heat pump – voucher valid for 5 months
- £2,300 – ground source or water source heat pump – voucher valid for 6 months
Renewable Heat Incentive
This tariff table indicates what the government is currently proposing for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, which will be open to applications shortly.
These rates have all been confirmed, but there may be increases to the Solar Thermal rate announced in Autumn 2013.
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment?
- The Renewable Heat Premium Payment is a scheme to support people who want to install renewable heat technologies. It will also help the government learn more about how these technologies work in practice, prior to the expansion of the Renewable Heat Incentive to the household sector.
- How do I apply for a Renewable Heat Premium Payment?
- The scheme opened to applications on 1st August 2011. You can apply online by going to the Energy Saving Trust website (www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/RHPP). Your should ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. It is very important that those with vouchers check they have met all the conditions on that voucher, as claims may not be paid if the scheme terms and conditions and the terms on the voucher have not been met. Receiving a voucher is not sufficient evidence that you are entitled to a grant.
- How long will it take to receive my Renewable Heat Premium Payment voucher?
- If the information you have given in your application satisfies the eligibility criteria of the scheme then you will usually receive immediate confirmation of whether your application has been successful. If you have been awarded a voucher, this will be emailed to your nominated email address within 24 hours. Occasionally applications will be referred to our administration team for further checking. You will be alerted to this once your application has been submitted and you will receive notification of whether it has been successful within 5 working days.
- If I make a successful application to the scheme and receive a Renewable Heat Premium Payment voucher, how long is it valid for?
- This depends on the technology you have applied for. The voucher validity periods for each of the technologies are listed below.
- Solar Thermal Hot Water - 3 months
- Air Source Heat Pump - 5 months
- Ground Source Heat Pump - 6 months
- Biomass boiler - 6 months
- Will I need an environmental permit for my installation?
- For biomass boilers and some ground source heat pumps (open loop, or closed loop systems which are also near a river or body of water), an environmental permit will be needed. Contact the Environment Agency for more details.
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!