Included here are the Tariff tables for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment for domestic homes, and also the Renewable Heat Incentive as it is proposed for domestic installations.
Renewable Heat Premium Payments
The Renewable Heat Premium Payments are one-off grants for households installing low-carbon heat generating technologies.
- £600 – solar thermal – voucher valid for 3 months
Houses not heated by gas from the grid:
- £2,000 – biomass boiler – voucher valid for 6 months
- £1,300 – air source heat pump – voucher valid for 5 months
- £2,300 – ground source or water source heat pump – voucher valid for 6 months
Renewable Heat Incentive
This tariff table indicates what the government is currently proposing for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, which will be open to applications shortly.
These rates have all been confirmed, but there may be increases to the Solar Thermal rate announced in Autumn 2013.
- How do I apply for a Renewable Heat Premium Payment?
- The scheme opened to applications on 1st August 2011. You can apply online by going to the Energy Saving Trust website (www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/RHPP). Your should ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. It is very important that those with vouchers check they have met all the conditions on that voucher, as claims may not be paid if the scheme terms and conditions and the terms on the voucher have not been met. Receiving a voucher is not sufficient evidence that you are entitled to a grant.
- Will I need to pay for any monitoring that is carried out?
- A significant proportion of applicants will be approached by Energy Saving Trust to have additional meters attached to their installation which will monitor the performance of the heating system. They will not have to pay for these or take readings themselves. Everyone has to agree to let a meter be installed as part of the terms and conditions of the scheme. For everyone else, any meters and controls which come with the product already will be sufficient. You will be asked through surveys information about these meters and the bills that you get; and in particular how easy it is to understand the meters and the controls, as well as general feedback on your satisfaction with the system installation and its performance.
- How much are the Renewable Heat Premium Payments?
- It depends which technology you are applying for. The voucher values for each of the technologies are listed below.
- Solar Thermal Hot Water - £300
- Air Source Heat Pump - £850
- Ground Source or Water Source Heat Pump - £1250
- Biomass boiler - £950
- How long will it take to receive my Renewable Heat Premium Payment voucher?
- If the information you have given in your application satisfies the eligibility criteria of the scheme then you will usually receive immediate confirmation of whether your application has been successful. If you have been awarded a voucher, this will be emailed to your nominated email address within 24 hours. Occasionally applications will be referred to our administration team for further checking. You will be alerted to this once your application has been submitted and you will receive notification of whether it has been successful within 5 working days.
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!