Included here are the Tariff tables for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment for domestic homes, and also the Renewable Heat Incentive as it is proposed for domestic installations.
Renewable Heat Premium Payments
The Renewable Heat Premium Payments are one-off grants for households installing low-carbon heat generating technologies.
- £600 – solar thermal – voucher valid for 3 months
Houses not heated by gas from the grid:
- £2,000 – biomass boiler – voucher valid for 6 months
- £1,300 – air source heat pump – voucher valid for 5 months
- £2,300 – ground source or water source heat pump – voucher valid for 6 months
Renewable Heat Incentive
This tariff table indicates what the government is currently proposing for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, which will be open to applications shortly.
These rates have all been confirmed, but there may be increases to the Solar Thermal rate announced in Autumn 2013.
- Can I apply for more than one technology?
- Yes, although you must complete a separate application form for each technology. You cannot apply twice for the same technology at the same installation address.
- What if I can’t install the required basic energy efficiency measures?
- You must install the appropriate energy efficiency measures to be eligible for a voucher so this is a requirement only where it is possible to install the measures. So, for example, if you live in a solid wall property that does not have cavities then you do not need to install cavity wall insulation.
- If I make a successful application to the scheme and receive a Renewable Heat Premium Payment voucher, how long is it valid for?
- This depends on the technology you have applied for. The voucher validity periods for each of the technologies are listed below.
- Solar Thermal Hot Water - 3 months
- Air Source Heat Pump - 5 months
- Ground Source Heat Pump - 6 months
- Biomass boiler - 6 months
- 3 minute online survey
- Find energy saving solutions
- Start saving energy and money!