Home Energy Advice
Whether buying or renting a property it must have an EPC – Energy Performance Certificates. This is a report on the energy performance of the property and the calculations that generate it are carried our using the SAP – Standard Assessment Procedure, in a similar way that Be Energy Smart will carry out your energy assessment using the information you enter online. They are carried out on site by a trained energy assessor, who can produce an EPC and give you recommendations for improving your home energy using and reducing your bill.
What is a DEA?
A Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) produces Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for existing dwellings.
An EPC is a measure of the property’s energy efficiency, and includes recommendations for improvements. The DEA undertakes a short, non-invasive inspection of the property before producing the EPC using dedicated software.
Why is an EPC needed?
In the UK you are required by law to produce an EPC every time a home is marketed for sale or rent. This is a law that stems from the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive. It says that EPCs can only be produced by “suitably qualified and/or accredited experts”.
For marketed sales, the EPC was included in the Home Information Pack (HIP). With the suspension of HIPs, the EPC is still required and is now a standalone document. For rentals or Right to Buy sales, the EPC is made available by the landlord or estate agent. An estimated 1.5 million EPCs are needed every year.
In addition to these legal requirements, home owners who are looking to measure and increase the energy efficiency of their homes may choose to commission an EPC.
- Free home assessment
- Find solutions to reduce your bills
- Get quotes from accredited installers
- Home Energy Advice
- Our free loft insulation calculator
- Register your company in our Green Deal directories
- Warm Homes Scheme
- Energy Assistance Package Scheme
- Nest Programme
- Sign up for Free Insulation
- Thank you!
- Register as an installer/supplier
- About us
- User login
- Energy Assessment
- Energy solutions
- Grants & Offers
- Regional areas
- Contact us
- Get quality biomass quotes
- Get competitive wind turbine quotes
- Get high quality double glazing at competitive prices
- Get competitive quotes for a ground source heat pump
- Get quality solar PV panel quotes
- Make money with an air source heat pump
- Quotes from the best solar thermal installers
- Save hundreds on the cost of a micro CHP boiler
- Save hundreds on the cost of solid wall insulation
- Save money with competitive cavity wall insulation quotes
- Save money with the best loft insulation quotes and grants
- See how much you could save with a new condensing boiler
- Get a better deal than the Green Deal
- Thank you!