Nest programme is the Welsh Government’s solution for fuel poverty. It provides advice through expert partners, a full home energy assessment and home improvements for the most energy inefficient homes – at no cost to the householder.
Nest is a key instrument in delivering the Welsh Government’s Fuel Poverty Strategy which was published in July 2010.
How it works
When you contact Nest they ask a number of questions to determine your eligibility and then they will advise you on what energy saving measure you can take, regardless of whether you qualify for a funding or not.
If you do qualify then a Nest home energy assessment will recommend what is needed to improve energy efficiency of your home and cut your fuel bills and if you’re happy with the recommendations, they will arrange a convenient time for a Nest contractor to install the home improvements.
A Nest whole house assessment is available to people in Wales who are in receipt of a means tested benefit and living in the hardest-to-heat homes.
For more information on the Nest Programme see their website.
British Gas is the managing agent to carry out home energy assessments and install energy improvements in the hardest-to-heat homes.
While the Nest programme is specifically for Wales to administer the CERT there are other schemes for the other countries in the United Kingdom:
- England – there is CERT / Warm Front
- Scotland – There is the Energy Assistance Package Scheme
- Northern Ireland – There is the Warm Homes Scheme
- Free energy assessment
- Find an energy saving solution
- Get quotes from accredited installers
- Nest Programme
- Energy Assistance Package Scheme
- Warm Homes Scheme
- Thank you!
- Our free loft insulation calculator
- Register your company in our Green Deal directories
- Sign up for Free Insulation
- Home Energy Advice
- Register as an installer/supplier
- About us
- User login
- Energy Assessment
- Energy solutions
- Grants & Offers
- Regional areas
- Contact us
- Get quality biomass quotes
- Get competitive wind turbine quotes
- Get high quality double glazing at competitive prices
- Get competitive quotes for a ground source heat pump
- Get quality solar PV panel quotes
- Make money with an air source heat pump
- Quotes from the best solar thermal installers
- Save hundreds on the cost of a micro CHP boiler
- Save hundreds on the cost of solid wall insulation
- Save money with competitive cavity wall insulation quotes
- Save money with the best loft insulation quotes and grants
- See how much you could save with a new condensing boiler
- Get a better deal than the Green Deal
- Thank you!